The herb stripper is one of the most versatile kitchen tools out there - and it's perfect for summer cooking! Use it to strip herbs from stems in seconds, without bruising or damaging delicate leaves. Then add them to any recipe for a burst of flavor. Here are some of our favorite summer recipes that feature fresh herbs:
1. Grilled Herbed Chicken: Marinate chicken breasts in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and your favorite chopped fresh herbs. (We love rosemary and thyme!) Then grill until cooked through. Serve with a salad or grilled vegetables.
2. Pasta with Fresh Herb Pesto: Make a quick pesto sauce by blending together olive oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and chopped fresh herbs in a food processor. Toss with cooked pasta and serve.
3. Herb-Crusted Salmon: Coat salmon fillets with a mixture of Dijon mustard, bread crumbs, and chopped fresh herbs. (Our house favorite is dill!) Bake in the oven until cooked through. Serve with steamed vegetables or a green salad.
4. Fresh Herb Salad: Combine your favorite chopped fresh herbs with diced cucumber, tomatoes, and feta cheese. Toss with a simple vinaigrette made of olive oil, dill and lemon juice. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
5. Roasted Herbed Potatoes: Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and your favorite chopped fresh herbs. (We love rosemary or dill on these!) Roast in a 400 degree oven until tender and browned. Serve as a side dish or add to a green salad.
6. Fruit Salad with Mint: Combine diced fresh fruit with chopped mint leaves and a touch of honey. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
7. Grilled Herbed Vegetables: Toss your favorite vegetables (we like zucchini, yellow squash, and eggplant) with olive oil, salt, pepper, and chopped fresh herbs. Grill over medium heat until tender and slightly charred. Serve as a side dish or add to a salad.
8. Herb-Infused Lemonade: Mix together lemon juice, sugar, water, and some chopped fresh mint. Serve over ice and enjoy!
9. Cold Herb Soup: Puree cooked or raw vegetables with chicken or vegetable broth and your favorite chopped fresh herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
10. Tropical Fruit Salad with Basil: Combine diced fresh fruit (we like pineapple, mango, and papaya) with chopped basil leaves and a touch of lime juice. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Summertime is the perfect time to enjoy fresh herbs in your recipes. And there’s no better tool for the job than Herbie the Herb Stripper. This handy little gadget makes quick and easy work of stripping leaves from stems, so you can have fresh herbs at your fingertips in no time. Plus, it’s ergonomic, handmade and a breeze to clean (just soap and water!). So don’t wait – grab yourself a Herbie the Herb Stripper today! Available on Amazon as well!